Stretching: Why is it important?
It may seem tedious and time consuming, but it’s vital to your body’s health and fitness. Stretching helps and ensures your best performance when exercising; it is essential. Skipping it can negatively affect you.
- Increased Flexibility and Joint Range of Motion.
- Reduces pain and stiffness.
- Reduced risk of injury.
- Minimized wear and tear.
- Improved circulation and better posture.
- Stress Relief.
- Enhanced Coordination.
The Appropriate Way to Stretch:
- Warm up first. Do not attempt to stretch when your muscles are still “cold.”
- Try walking for a short measure and then begin stretching.
- Hold each stretch for at least 30 seconds.
- Try to avoid tearing muscles. Scar tissue can hinder flexibility.
- If you feel any pain, you’ve stretched too far.
- Stretch both sides, equal motion.
- Stretch before and after an exercise activity.